Staff Developer Advocate - AI & Machine Learning
About the Job
Lightning AI is the company reimagining the way AI is built. After creating and releasing PyTorch Lightning in 2019, Lightning AI was launched to reshape the development of artificial intelligence products for commercial and academic use.
Focusing on simplicity, sustainability, modularity, and extensibility, Lightning AI streamlines the lifecycle of machine learning development to expand widespread AI adoption. Its aim is to enable individual and enterprise users to build deployment-ready AI tools without having to hire experts or sink resources into in-house infrastructure.
Lightning AI is a remote-first company backed by $58.6 million in funding from Coatue, Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute.
- Amplify the Lightning and Grid Community by connecting with users in the community Slack, speaking at meetups and conferences, and hosting Community Office Hours and Technical Community Sprints.
- Launch the first Grid and Lightning Ambassadors Program to foster community and create champions for our products.
- Write technical content and documentation, including open source repos, blog posts, case studies, and documentation to enable engineers, scientists, and researchers to do more with Grid and Lightning.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to share the voice of the community and improve the developer experience as a whole.
- Actively build demos on top of lightning using PyTorch, Lightning, and Grid.
- Represent the company at conferences and meetups virtually (and across the globe when it's safe) to connect with our community, meet our users, and host fun, engaging events.
Skills & Experience
As more developers use Grid and Lightning, we are actively investing in our user communities. This is an opportunity for you to shape the developer experience in the AI space while driving the adoption and utilization of technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem as a whole. At Grid.ai, developer advocacy centers around 3 tenants:
- Community: Our goal is to amplify the community's voice within the company by increasing engagement, gathering feedback, and working together.
- Content: From writing blog posts, drafting articles, and producing videos to building demos and developing our documentation, we want to ensure that our users have the resources they need to get started and learn about the latest ways to use Grid and Lightning!
- Engineering: At the end of the day, we are all engineers. We connect with developers in the field, foster strong relationships with internal teams, and work together on prioritizing feedback to inform discovery and roadmap development.
We champion equal pay for work of equal or comparable value based on the level of skill, effort, responsibility, and impact of any given role. We use Carta's Total Compensation tool to enable data-driven decision-making around benchmarks, levels, and planning. We are confident that our compensation practices are equitable, explainable, fair, and competitive, and in the spirit of transparency, we provide a compensation bands for each open role.
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter. For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe.
In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The platform to build ML models & build/publish Lightning Apps that “glue” together your favorite ML lifecycle tools