Developer Advocate - Serverless
About the Job
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers' entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth.
Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
We are a team of engineers that translate our real world experience to help our user communities solve problems. With a focus on Serverless Compute at Datadog, you will leverage both your engineering and creative storytelling skills to educate and empower our user communities. You will have the opportunity to meet key leaders across the industry, and broaden your impact to the Cloud community at large.
- Speak at conferences and meetups to build Datadog's reputation around serverless compute, radical transformation in cloud computing, and more
- Interface with open source communities to understand problems and trends in the market and influence new integrations for Datadog
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos, and coach internal engineering teams on effective communication and presentation
- Research and drive messaging in key research reports e.g. Datadog's The State of Serverless
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code
Skills & Experience
- You have publicly available writing samples, blog posts, demos, or recordings of presentations on technical topics
- Approximately 5+ years of experience as a software developer, SRE, or other practitioner, with strong experience in serverless computing
- Have experience breaking apart monolithic software to microservices or designing new services for "FaaS" ( Function as a service : AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, IBM OpenWhisk etc )
- You have architected both event driven and synchronous architectures using queues like SQS, Kafka, Kinesis, etc
- You have strong opinions on when containers are more practical than serverless
- Bonus points if you have experience with: Open Telemetry, AWS X-Ray, Datadog Serverless
- Approximately 3+ years of experience in storytelling and creating compelling content e.g. written content, conference talks, leading workshops, live streaming or recording videos, contributing to open source, and participating in community events
- You are fluent in reading and writing a language supported by FaaS platforms e.g. Python, Node.js, Java, Go, .Net, Ruby
- Bonus points if you are already an active member of the DevOps or language communities in your region
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you're passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Datadog provides cloud-scale monitoring and security for metrics, traces and logs in one unified platform