About the Job
Modular is building a next-generation AI infrastructure platform that unifies the many application frameworks and hardware backends, simplifying deployment for AI production teams and accelerating innovation for AI researchers and hardware developers. We are looking for a developer advocate to evangelize Modular’s products with our user base and developer community. This involves creating user guides, writing blog posts, giving talks at conferences, leading workshops, and creating additional educational material. Join our world-leading product team and redefine how AI infrastructure is built and deployed.
LOCATION: Candidates based in the US or Canada are welcome to apply. You can work remotely from home.
- Collaborate with engineering and product to develop high-quality, easy-to-understand tutorials to enable our users to build a strong mental model of our system and quickly start leveraging our products.
- Write blog posts and create other educational content to educate future and current customers about the why and what of Modular products.
- Give talks at conferences and other events to promote the company's products to the larger developer community.
- Engage with our customer base through various channels, such as social media, forums, and online communities.
- Work closely with the development and product teams to provide feedback on Modular’s products from a customer perspective.
- Respond to questions and provide support to customers of Modular products, including some of the world’s largest corporations.
- Participate in the Modular’s larger developer relations, product, and marketing strategies.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of developer relations experience, or previous experience as a software/AI developer.
- Past experience working on AI infrastructure products and platforms like TensorFlow, PyTorch, TensorRT, CUDA, Triton Inference Server, VertexAI, Sagemaker.
- Experience writing high-quality tutorials, product documentation, blog posts, and other documents targeted for a highly technical audience.
- Experience engaging with the developer community through various channels, such video platforms and online communities.
- Experience giving talks at conferences and other events.
- Strong programming skills, including experience with python and C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts in simple language.
- A passion for staying up to date with industry trends and happenings.
- A growth and leadership mindset, with an attitude that seeks to learn more from our customers, team, and the broader market.
Helpful but not required:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Developed, trained, and/or deployed machine learning models into production environments.
- Have worked in or around startups before or have a strong understanding of the nature of fast-moving, highly dynamic teams.
Enable AI to be used by anyone, anywhere