About the Job
Pinecone is on a mission to build the search and database technology to power AI applications for the next decade and beyond. Our fully managed vector database makes it easy to add vector search to AI applications. Since creating the “vector database” category, demand has grown incredibly fast and it shows in our user base. We are a distributed team with clusters in New York, San Francisco, Tel-Aviv, and Manchester.
As a Technical Writer on our small but growing Docs team, you will help us create outstanding documentation that educates and guides developers to be successful with Pinecone. Documentation contributes significantly to our users’ experience of the platform, and to our success as a company, so you will make an immediate impact.
You will report to the Director of Developer Relations and work closely with your Docs peers and the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Develop technical expertise in Pinecone and empathy for the engineers eager to learn and build with the platform.
- Write clear, concise, and accurate documentation, including technical guides, conceptual explanations, and API and client reference.
- Contribute to the information architecture and user experience of the documentation, helping ensure users easily accomplish tasks and find answers.
- Help define and evolve the Documentation team’s processes and conventions.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product on new feature documentation, and with Customer Success and Developer Advocates to understand user needs and address them with documentation.
After 30 days, you have completed onboarding, made several tactical improvements to the documentation, and are ready to collaborate with another writer on your first larger project. You have also started to review and edit documentation written by other technical writers on the team. You’ve used Pinecone hands-on throughout this experience.
After 3 months, you are integrated into the team, working closely with Product and Engineering on new feature documentation and with Developer Advocates and Customer Success on strategic documentation improvements.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation for developers.
- Superb writing skills with an obsession for clarity, concision, and accuracy.
- A passion for learning new technology, its potential applications, and its users.
- Proficiency in Markdown, HTML, git, and a docs-as-code workflow.
- Experience using and documenting SDKs, APIs, and similar tools.
- Curiosity, thoroughness, organization, enthusiasm, and self-direction.
- Comfort working autonomously in a fast-paced startup environment.
The Pinecone vector database: Long-term memory for AI