About the Job
As a Technical Writer on our Engineering team, you will work closely with our various engineering teams, product team, and others to deliver the documentation used by tens of thousands of developers to help them succeed at delivering software through CircleCI.
About Technical Writing at CircleCI
Join our growing Documentation Team! Support our customer engineering, platform engineering, and other teams to understand the capabilities of our CI/CD platform. We then communicate those capabilities to our users such that they can get maximum value from our platform. You will update documentation regularly, write new material as needed, and solicit guidance from across the company. As open source is important, this role would serve as a primary point of contact for customer contributions to our open source documentation repository.
- Organize, edit, and be a contributing writer to CircleCI Docs.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to analyze changes and new features as they are released to identify any changes needed to keep the documentation up-to-date.
- Solicit and coordinate internal and external input sent as comments or as pull requests to our documentation repository.
- Contribute to and uphold our docs style guide, and work with the team to plan and drive efforts to improve consistency in both prose and information architecture.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, well-organized writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices - being an active engineer isn't necessary but have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks (Jekyll, Hugo, etc).
- At CircleCI, you’ll need to be able to climb the learning curve on the core idioms of most major programming languages and frameworks as well as various methods for deploying code into production environments.
- Experience with using markup languages to write docs/content (AsciiDoc, Markdown, reStructuredText, etc.)
CircleCI is the software delivery engine for teams who want to ship software faster and with confidence