Developer Advocate, Platform
About the Job
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Developer Relations is hiring!
Who We Are
Our global team of creative and highly technical developer advocates inspires, enables, engages, and supports our ever-growing developer community around the world. We make developers successful on the Salesforce Platform!
We write blog posts, produce on-demand and live-streamed video content and podcasts, and engage virtually and in-person with developers at Salesforce and third-party developer events. We collaborate closely with developer marketing, product management, engineering, product marketing and other teams across the company. We represent the “voice of the developers” internally, and advocate on their behalf to help shape the Salesforce developer experience.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced technologist who embraces enterprise software development. You are a creative thinker who understands when to choose visual builder tools or when building with code from scratch. You are equally comfortable working with web frontend frameworks, Apex, and APIs.
You love going broad and deep, creating inspirational and technical open source demos, and complementing those demos with accessible written and video content. You are comfortable sharing your knowledge in front of a camera in your home-office, and you are looking forward to domestic (sometimes international) travel to present to live audiences of hundreds of people.
- Develop and maintain your expertise with the Salesforce platform, and create content that integrates the Salesforce Platform with other Salesforce technologies.
- Create code samples, prototypes, and visually compelling demos that inspire developers, and help them be successful when adopting the Salesforce Platform.
- Write technical content and produce on-demand and live-streamed videos.
- Support virtual and in-person events with technical talks, demonstrations and workshops.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams as the “voice of developers” to influence the future of products.
- Engage with the Salesforce community on their own channels as well as Salesforce Developer Relations channels.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience implementing on the Salesforce Platform with a creative technical mindset.
- Deep understanding and passion for the needs of enterprise developers that build on Salesforce.
- Certifications or equivalent hands-on technical experience related to development with Salesforce.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills and experience making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the constant and rapid shift in how and where people consume content and share their experiences.
- Drive to be a solo self-starter, and at the same time to be a highly collaborative team player.
- Extensive experience with social media.
- Passion for learning and working with new technologies.
- A strategic mind and deep problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel for 20%.
We bring companies and customers together