Senior Product Marketing Manager, Security
About the Job
Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world's leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it's our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we've won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your "million data points". So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you.
As a key member of the Security Product Marketing Team, you will drive the positioning, messaging, content creation, pipeline generation and integrated go-to-market strategy for cybersecurity products at Splunk. You will help deliver stellar outcomes for key industry events and our Splunk .conf user conference. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new features or products and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk security technologies. You will understand and define relevant personas and use cases—building the content necessary to enable the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities to a successful close.
- Act as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders for the security products, services, and markets that you serve
- Drive efforts for building market awareness, Splunk brand awareness, pipeline/demand, as well as revenue
- Develop messaging for Splunk security products and act as a storyteller for the solutions
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for the website, demand generation campaigns, industry analysts, technology partners, trade shows, social media marketing, customer stories, and more
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements and conferences
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors required; MBA a plus
- 6+ years of product marketing experience in the cybersecurity industry, with some experience at a SaaS company
- Strong domain expertise in any of the following technologies preferred: SIEM, SOAR, UBA, Threat Intelligence, or related cybersecurity markets
- Excellent ability to translate complex technical capabilities into simple product messaging that can be easily consumed across multiple buyer personas
- Excellent storytelling skills and experience creating product narratives and pitches
- Excellent content creation skills across multiple mediums, including video, whitepapers, blogs, ebooks, infographics, product and solution briefs
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver effective presentations
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to manage competing deliverables and timelines
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings, and other places, both in the U.S. and internationally
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
Salary & Benefits
Base Pay Range:
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $129,600.00 - 178,200.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $116,000.00 - 159,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $104,800.00 - 144,100.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate.
In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
The cybersecurity and observability leader