About the Job
Want to be on a team that full of results-driven individuals who are constantly seeking to innovate? Want to make an impact? At SailPoint, our Engineering team does just that. Our engineering is where high-quality professional engineering meets individual impact. Our team creates products are built on a mature, cloud-native event-driven microservices architecture hosted in AWS.
We are looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented, experienced Technical Writer to join our SaaS documentation team and help us on our mission to provide our users the information they need to be successful – in real time. To accomplish this, we create online IT administrator docs and KB-style articles, as well as in-app labels and messages.
In the process of creating content for our SaaS identity management customers, you’ll work with members of several other teams: Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI design, DevOps, QA, Professional Services and Support in a dynamic, continuous delivery deployment environment. You’ll need to be willing to dig for answers sometimes.
- Work closely with other Tech Writers and Project Managers on scope, sizing, and priority of tasks to ensure timely delivery of all documentation products
- Test documentation prior to publishing, and maintain it as needed
- Meet the dynamic timelines of product documentation written for continuous deployment
- Collaborate closely with other writers to edit shared content and integrate new content
- Work with PM and beta customers on beta documentation and related enablement content
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of professional writing experience, backed by a degree in English or a related field
- Experience writing content for non-technical & technical audiences, such as IT administrators
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to research and experiment with unfamiliar subject matter
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Professional writing experience on a SaaS product
- Familiarity with content strategy, SEO, and information architecture
- Working in HTML (or other markup language) & .css for online delivery
- Understanding of identity management, governance and compliance
- Comfortable following Agile methodologies & using issue tracking tools
SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise