Senior Technical Writer
About the Job
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,000 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Technical Writer to join our Product team and help us write our API documentation, product-business oriented documentation, and support-integration technical documentation. As a technical writer at Flywire you will have the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of our products, culture and team. Documentation will be first and foremost written with our Clients in mind, but also for internal consumption.
- Work side by side with the Product, Engineering, Design and Implementation teams to create the best product-business oriented documentation.
- Bring your creativity and ideas to define the best practices for naming conventions, errors and top class documentation for both external and internal consumption.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years writing technical documentation.
- Extensive experience in writing single source documentation (re-using information, information modules, categorizing information).
- A strong technical background, and experience with APIs, GitLab, XML, HTML, CSS, being able to read code on a basic level, understanding the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with XML-based Technical Authoring Systems (preferably Madcap Flare or RoboHelp).
- Ability to create content that explains technical concepts for software products in a simple manner.
- Collaborative approach to leading initiatives - teamwork is the key to success here at Flywire, and to be successful, you’ll need to be able to work across teams throughout the globe.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Slack).
- Ability to write concise, contextual and audience oriented documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new software applications and understand how those applications are used by various personas.
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Work From Home Stipend
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Delivering the most important & complex payments