Developer Experience Engineer
About the Job
Cloudinary is the leading provider of media management solutions, powering the trusted, award-winning visual experiences for many of your favorite brands. Cloudinary is the de facto media platform standard for developers and brand managers looking to upload, store, transform, manage, and deliver images and videos online. With over 60 billion assets managed, up to 2000 pieces of content processed by algorithms each second, and a $2Billion valuation, Cloudinary is quickly becoming the visual media layer of the Internet. We are at an exciting stage, rapidly expanding our product offering, entering new market segments, extending the customer base, and featuring over 10,000 customers including household names like Bombas, Levi's, NBC, Neiman Marcus, Minted, and Peloton.
We offer a values-driven, supportive environment in which you will constantly learn and evolve; a place where your ideas will be embraced and pursued. We are proud of our collaborative, and growth-minded work culture, being included in the Forbes Cloud 100 for the last four years, and being a multi-time winner of many “Best Place to Work” awards.
The web is visual and we’re always looking for new team members who possess the skills, energy, passion, and commitment to join Cloudinary’s mission of empowering developers to build and deliver great image and video experiences. Cloudinary is the image and video platform for the Web, geared first and foremost for developers, and ensuring excellent developer experience is a top priority!
Cloudinary’s DevX team is looking for an experienced Lead Developer Experience Engineer, a software engineer (preference for specialty in frontend web development) that strives to improve the DX of our image and video platform, with an emphasis on educating and inspiring other developers via creation and delivery of interactive content. The ideal candidate has experience in creating highly engaging content and code that feature learn-by-example tutorials, demos, SDKs, blog posts, interactive code, integrated APIs, and personalized learning journeys.
You will be primarily working with the following technologies:
- Web frontend languages and (meta) frameworks
- Potentially one or more backend languages/frameworks such as Node.js, Python, etc
- APIs/SDKs for media mgmt, CMS, DB, auth, etc.
- GitHub, CodeSandbox, and related SWM tools
The top qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, content development, empathy, community building, self-direction, and a passion for learning. You understand developers, what makes their lives easier, how they communicate, their wants, and their needs. You recognize great developer experience (or lack thereof) when you see it!
You will use your skills and talents to improve developer engagement with our image and video platform. You will also be interacting with Cloudinary Ambassadors and members of our broader community in our forum and Discord channels. You will be the internal and external champion of best practices that enable developer success with media technology in a variety of ecosystems (tools, frameworks, platforms, stacks) and implementation use cases.
- Build innovative sample apps, enhance and contribute to community libraries as well as other open-source projects
- Craft technical content in the form of tutorials, blog posts, and code samples
- Engage with Cloudinary and external communities through active participation in a variety of Discord and forum channels
- Participate in DevX events whether in the form of talks or booth participation
- Influence product management/R&D priorities based on developer and product feedback.
Skills & Experience
- 7-9 years of experience in a DevRel or DevX role
- You have a long history of building technical content, code samples, tutorials, and speaking at events
- You engage with various developer communities through podcasts, events, streams, and social media
- You've worked with internal product and engineering teams to shape development priorities that reflect developer feedback and input
- You work well with other DevRel or DevX team members to build joint projects
- You're comfortable with analyzing and measuring the impact of your work
- You are a clear cross-functional communicator.
- Prior experience working in distributed teams and work environments and multiple time zones
- Active contribution to open-source projects or prior material creation in open-source projects
- Familiarity with media management and applied knowledge of media technology applications
- Experience building mobile apps.
- Awesome technology
- Top-talent peers
- 100% sponsored medical, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401k program
- Robust vacation policy
- Annual development stipend
- Catered lunches or a food stipend
Cloudinary helps brands manage, transform, optimize, and deliver engaging visual experiences at scale