Open Source Community Manager
About the Job
Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is looking for an Open Source Community Manager to support our Chief Open Source Officer (COSO) in the development and implementation of the Hedera Council’s open source strategy. The Open Source Source Community Manager will assist in creating a vibrant, inclusive and growing open source community of contributors to the core hashgraph platform, the Hedera services built on top of hashgraph, applications that run on the network, and related open source technologies.
Success in this role includes fostering a culture of innovation involving enterprises, application providers, academia and individual contributors to help identify the most impactful open source strategies and methods for Hedera to grow its leadership in the emerging Web3 industry.
Open source is strategic to Hedera. This person will be collaborating directly with the Hedera Council member companies, and helping to influence how open source shapes Hedera, the underlying hashgraph innovation, and by extension, the future of DLT itself.
The Community Manager will work closely with the software development teams to help build an effective, distributed, transparent, meritocratic and inclusive development model.
- Assist the COSO to develop and implement Hedera’s open source strategy, craft product strategy and alignment of the open source roadmap.
- In collaboration with software development teams and the community, ensure an effective public QA and release process.
- Help build strategic and tactical consensus for multiple open source initiatives across Hedera leadership, Council members, partners, and developer teams.
- Increase the impact of Hedera’s contribution to all relevant open source projects.
- Help in creating key open source influence and executive leadership both within Hedera and across related open source communities.
- Act as a key public representative of Hedera and the hashgraph project within and across relevant open source and DLT communities, including involvement in industry wide initiatives.
- Help to develop and implement successful diversity and inclusion community development activities.
Skills & Experience
- Deep open source expertise working on projects like Kubernetes.
- Understanding of how to manage a project through GitHub expertly.
- 8+ years of open source background.
- Developed and successfully implemented two distinct open source strategies across an entire organization, startup, or major line of business.
- 6+ years of consistently contributing to the open source community.
- Previous role as open source community manager.
- 5+ years of community management and leadership experience.
- 3+ years in growing roles at a technology startup.
- 3+ years of marketing or product development related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Presented at multiple industry conferences on open source-related topics.
- Familiar with open source governance and compliance practices.
- Understanding of web 3.0 technologies.
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Engineering or related degree.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.