Technical Writer - OpenShift
About the Job
The Red Hat Customer Content Services (CCS) team is looking for a Technical Writer to join our expanding organization in the OpenShift space. As a Technical Writer at Red Hat, you will promote customer loyalty and success through content development and delivery. Drawing from your passion for technology, you'll work closely with software engineers, quality experience, user experience, field teams and support engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that helps our customers understand our offerings and find the best solutions for their needs. In this role, you will work with dynamic, fast-paced Agile teams to bring to market new and exciting technologies. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Work closely with content strategists, documentation program managers, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation for upcoming releases of Red Hat’s offerings
- Respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up to date on changes in our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience.
- Gain experience with our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
- Work with quality engineering and development to improve the accuracy of your documentation
- Ability to inspire, coach, mentor, or lead others, irrespective of job titles
Skills & Experience
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, including an understanding of the customer lifecycle and knowledge of different content development and publishing methodologies, tools, and defect-tracking systems
- Familiarity with structured, topic-based authoring, information architecture
- Ability to collaborate in a global team environment, proactively engage subject matter experts and follow through on commitments
- Familiarity with version control systems, experience, and comfort with Git.
- Knowledgeable of Agile and rapid iteration releases
- Demonstrated success in taking accountability for project execution and completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
The leading provider of enterprise open source solutions