Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Machine Learning & Developer GTM
About the Job
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are a group of creative technologists who live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a complex demo, we love crafting content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way! Whether it's a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the go-to-market strategy — from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned on it. Sound like a fit? If so, please apply!
We're looking to add a new node to our Product Marketing cluster, focusing on Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), as well as our GTM motion for developers. In this role, you will work closely with the Elastic product teams, crafting go-to-market content and messaging to reach developers looking to demonstrate the power of Elasticsearch to build and deploy machine learning models for their organization. To be successful in this role, you will need to become comfortable with the machine learning capabilities on Elastic’s platform and the markets they play in, as well as, the creative aspects of positioning technology through education and content that is informative, compelling, authentic, and engaging.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of machine learning, AI, and NLP capabilities on Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack as well as their use cases.
- Conducts competitive analysis for machine learning, AI, and NLP.
- Identifies market opportunities and narratives for machine learning and developer trends and core technology innovations.
- Builds positive relationships with peers in product management and engineering and interfaces effectively to build compelling product positioning.
- Translates complex technical features and capabilities into compelling differentiators.
- Helps carry out company and solution-wide product launches and releases – from crafting messaging, content, and initiatives to tracking progress and measuring results.
- Develops engaging and technical messaging for developers that can be adapted across various channels, social, web, events, etc. and experiments with new ways to reach this audience.
- Engages with sales and solution architects for better understanding of the ways Elasticsearch is being used by customers and partners for ML/AI use cases.
- Defines, implements, and collaborates with cross-functional marketing teams on GTM strategy for new launches & campaigns.
- Enables the field on our products and solutions, through engaging training and curated content.
- Produces content for developers and attends Elastic events, third party trade shows and other events to help showcase our platform.
Skills & Experience
In detail, we would love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on machine learning and developers with complex requirements.
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”.
- Technical savvy with regards to machine learning capabilities, developer marketing, Elastic’s platform, solutions, industries we play in and capacity to learn very quickly.
- Creative energy, and out of the box thinking, someone who has a track record of generating engaging machine learning and developer content that impacts trial and adoption.
- Strong collaboration with other functions across marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Comfort working in a very cross functional role, with a highly distributed team.
- Excellent written, verbal communication (including experience with public speaking), and presentation skills (developing webinars and delivering presentations).
- Sales enablement experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Direct experience with the technical and practical applications of machine learning/ NLP or AI and associated audiences.
- 3-5 years of proven product marketing experience to developers in ML, AI, NLP, vector search.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack (bonus).
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions