Technical Content Manager
About the Job
Dagster Labs has grown primarily through word-of-mouth and recommendations from early adopters. We have also driven awareness through a high-quality content marketing strategy.
The primary vehicle has been the Dagster blog, supplemented by YouTube and social media channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. The Dagster blog posts average 1.4K page views per day with spikes of 5K to 14K views per day.
We are now hiring a dedicated content manager to take our content marketing strategy to a new level. The role’s success will be measured by the impact on overall web traffic and conversion to MQLs and Dagster Cloud signups.
This is a full-time, competitively-paid position with benefits.
We are a distributed team and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S.
Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
- Working with the head of growth, work on developing an overall content strategy, including topics, channels, cadence, tone, focus.
- Maintaining and curating a list of proposed content pieces.
- Interviewing technical stakeholders (Dagster users) and turning the interviews into compelling case studies that position Dagster well.
- Working with subject matter experts from within Dagster Labs and beyond to ensure we maintain a high velocity of new, compelling content that delivers on our goals.
- Work with external SMEs to commission specific pieces, and see these through to production.
- Collaborate with our SEO/SEM expert to implement SEO tactics to ensure new content attracts a broad audience.
- Manage the process of putting the content into production via Markdown and HTML, publishing to the Dagster.io website via a GitHub deployment.
- Promote the content for reach on social media channels owned by Dagster.
- Optimize the content for conversion to Dagster Cloud sign-up or Sales outreach.
- Work proactively to earn placements on Substack, Medium, and other newsletters.
Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant, proven experience in technical writing in the data engineering or data tool space.
- Experience uploading and promoting new content on social media (YouTube, Threads, Twitter, etc.)
- Basic video editing and production skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience to drive greater reach through online promotion, partnerships, and earned placements.
- Basic understanding of data engineering concepts.
- Basic working knowledge of Python.
- The technical requirements for production are fairly basic but do require an understanding of Markdown, HTML, and GitHub.
- Established social media presence in the data engineering space
- Design capabilities to create novel graphics from scratch in platforms like Figma, Canva, Keynote, etc.
Building out Dagster, the data orchestration platform built for productivity