Developer Relations Director
About the Job
Your primary responsibility as a Developer Relations Director will be to engage within the broad community of engineering leadership who are working to solve developer productivity and satisfaction problems and provide insights, primarily from the Developer Success Lab research, into how to meet strategic objectives of their varied businesses.
You’ll work with the developer community abroad and within specific strategic organizations and industries important to the growth for Flow. This is an important role that is directly tied to our company objectives which will require collaboration to achieve desired results. We're excited to have you join us!
Who you are committed to being:
- An experienced storyteller who feels very comfortable on stage and on camera, presenting, answering questions and speaking on behalf of a company
- A data-driven and curiosity-based professional who enjoys diving into research and data
- A public speaker willing to present topics pertinent to improving developer teams across NA & EMEA
- A thought leader within the developer community
- An active contributor in relevant tech communities (GitHub / Stackoverflow / Blog)
Many Developer Relations careers focus solely around technical expertise. As Developer Relations Director at Flow, you will use your technical expertise AND your experience leading teams to help individual engineers and engineering managers understand how to lead teams effectively using research, data, and insight. Your day-to-day responsibilities would include the following:
- Community Engagement for Marketing: Organize and lead developer-focused events, webinars, workshops, and conferences to build a sense of community and facilitate knowledge sharing. Incorporate the powerful research from the Developer Success Lab and Flow’s unique data to highlight positive impact. Confident and committed to evidence-driven engineering.
- Content Collaboration: Continue to build your online brand and collaborate with the marketing team to develop developer-focused content that aligns with marketing campaigns. This may include contributing to blog posts, webinars, and whitepapers aimed at engaging the developer community, including promoting Developer Success Lab research.
- Speaking Engagements & Events: Build a calendar of software development leadership events, submit speaking proposals, and deliver compelling presentations to build your brand as a leader in software development leadership and data-driven engineering. You will also organize and promote Flow events by inviting other development leaders to advance best practices and engage with Flow customers and prospects.
- Brand Advocacy: Encourage developers within the community to become brand advocates who promote Flow to their peers and networks. This also includes joining other Flow team members to present ideas, talks, and training at customer events. Inform our broader marketing efforts relative to your domain expertise around the sentiment and interests of the developer community to make sure Flow maintains a deep and intentional connection with our target audiences.
- Foster a positive and inclusive online and offline community environment where developers can collaborate and learn from each other. Highlight stories of customers who are doing incredible work managing thriving engineering teams.
Skills & Experience
- 3 - 5 years of technical experience as a software or DevOps engineer
- 2 - 5 years of experience working as a Software Engineering Manager or other Developer-enablement role, such as Developer Experience or Engineering Operations
- Consultative or leadership experience engaging and solving customer-focused problems within the tech industry
- Comfortable independently producing written technical content
- Willingness to travel up to 25% for speaking engagements
- Interest in growing your social media presence and becoming an influencer and respected industry leader within the software development community
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and engage/lead a community
- Demonstrated, ongoing pattern of contribution to community projects and priorities.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We’re the tech workforce development company that helps teams build better products