Developer Evangelist For API's
About the Job
Developer Evangelist For API'sThe Developer Relations team’s mission is to help Mastercard do more business with APIs. Empowering API teams to reach developers, engage with the developer community and help developers discover the suite of APIs Mastercard has to offer globally through the single front door on https://developer.mastercard.com/
Mastercard has an opportunity to provide a lot of value and technical leadership to the developer community. Aside from running one of the biggest networks in the world processing billions of transactions through card payments and APIs, we are world leaders in security, networking, security/cryptography, AI/Machine Learning, data analytics and all of it globally and at huge scale.
As Developer Evangelist, you will be working with a large suite of APIs across multiple disciplines, identify opportunities where Mastercard can help developers build meaningful solutions and connect product teams with external developers to improve products. All while deep diving into infrastructure, code samples, use cases and more.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices in software development and technology
- Creating technical content like blogs, how-to videos, tutorials, code samples
- Provide editorial oversight for technical Subject Matter Experts creating educational content for developers
- Re-purposing internal documentation for publishing externally
- Generating innovative ideas for content while working both independently and collaboratively
- Work with API Product Owners to create engaging product landing pages
- Build a strategy on which developer communities to partner with and how. eg. StackOverflow, Dev.to etc.
- Engage with the developer community and across forums to stay connected with value Mastercard can bring and help developer discover
- Host and manage webinars, tutorials and other content across our community
- Delivering talks and presentations at key industry events, meetups and hackathons
- Building and nurturing relationships with developers and the wider technical community
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in software development or technical writing
- Have experience in working with a large suit of APIs and Subject Matter Experts and understand the importance of stakeholder management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience with developer tools and technologies, are also highly desirable.
- A passion for technology with a strong desire to engage with the developer community
- Demonstrated ability to upskill on new technologies/frameworks/tools
- Compelling story teller with an ability to communicate complex technology simply to technical and non-technical audiences
- Curious and enjoy staying up to take with trends, understand how things are build and take pride in educating others
- Have been within within a DevRel team before or have acted as a Developer Evangelist
Not required, but would make you stand out:
- Experience with publishing media content like podcasts/vlogs
- Experience speaking at developer events like conferences and meet-ups.
In line with Mastercard’s total compensation philosophy and assuming that the job will be performed in the US, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive base salary based on location, experience and other qualifications for the role and may be eligible for an annual bonus or commissions depending on the role.
Mastercard benefits for full time (and certain part time) employees generally include: insurance (including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, disability, life insurance), flexible spending account and health savings account, paid leaves (including 16 weeks new parent leave, up to 20 paid days bereavement leave), 10 annual paid sick days, 10 or more annual paid vacation days based on level, 5 personal days, 10 annual paid U.S. observed holidays, 401k with a best-in-class company match, deferred compensation for eligible roles, fitness reimbursement or on-site fitness facilities, eligibility for tuition reimbursement, gender-inclusive benefits and many more.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities