Customer Success Lead
About the Job
We're seeking an experienced, technical Customer Success Lead to help our customers successfully adopt generative AI in their products. If you're passionate about Customer Success and have a background working on developer products/in Developer Relations roles, we'd love to have you join us at Freeplay in Boulder, CO.
Freeplay is building the end-to-end platform for software companies to ship great products with LLMs. We're helping leading companies adopt the latest AI technology as part of their customer-facing products.
Why does the world need Freeplay?
Making simple requests to ChatGPT is easy. But people quickly discover that developing production software with complex prompts and internal data is much more challenging — especially for teams lacking prior AI experience. They're motivated to move fast through the learning curve and ship great software to customers.
Our platform streamlines this process — enabling teams to develop & improve production-ready features together quickly and confidently. We help product development teams save time, avoid costly mistakes, optimize new features for their customers, and collaborate together to deliver value to customers faster.
Read more about what we’re up to on our blog.
Why join now?
- Be at the center of the AI wave: You'll be at the forefront working with leading tech companies as they adopt AI technologies & transform how they serve their customers.
- Accelerate your career: Work closely with our founding team to grow your skills at an accelerated pace, tackle the diverse challenges faced when building from zero to one, and take on new responsibilities as the company scales.
- Build something transformative: Empower product development teams worldwide to save time, level up their skills, and collaborate effectively when building with LLMs — transforming the way software is developed and maintained.
- Lead Customer Success Initiatives: Spearhead work to ensure our customers' success and satisfaction, both during trials and after sales.
- Drive Customer Engagement: Be the face of Freeplay to our customers, providing exceptional support, understanding their needs, and ensuring we address them well.
- Develop Technical Solutions: Help customers understand our product, recommend solutions, and resolve any challenges they face.
- Create Compelling Documentation: Craft clear, comprehensive customer documentation & other materials that help people get the most out of using Freeplay.
- Drive Account Growth: Take the lead and be pro-active to help our customers get more out of using Freeplay.
Skills & Experience
- You have a proven track record in customer success, developer relations, or a similar role, with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- You possess strong technical acumen. You know how to write code, and have the ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- You're a natural communicator and relationship-builder, comfortable in customer-facing scenarios.
- You're a strong writer, and can produce clear, succinct documentation that helps people use complex products.
- You're product oriented, and get excited thinking about working with engineers to improve our products to better address customer needs.
- You're ready to work on-site*, engaging actively 4+ days a week at our scenic office at the base of the Rockies in Boulder, CO.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in customer success or sales within the AI domain or developer tools space.
- A background in developing technical documentation or educational content for software products.
- A demonstrated interest in AI-driven technologies and their application in product development.
- Competitive salary compensation
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision
- Top of the line hardware - brand new Macbook, monitor, peripherals
- Four weeks Paid Time Off per year
- A sustainable pace. We’re building an industry defining product, but we’re also building for the long term. Working outside of core hours will be the exception, not the rule.
- Relocation package negotiable
* We have a preference for candidates that are available to work full time on-site in Boulder, CO. We are open to considering exceptional candidates from outside the Boulder area, though we do ask for a commitment to travel and spend one week per month with our on-site team.
A better way to build with LLMs. Prompt engineering, testing & evaluation tools for your whole team