Developer Ecosystem Support Engineer, WW Developer Relations
About the Job
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. The ideal engineer for this role thrives working in a dynamic, cross functional team, has deep empathy for developers and their software development / learning process, and is passionate about taking developer experiences from good-to-great.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development of world-class 3rd party apps by bridging developers to framework engineering teams.
Your role will focus on enabling developers to create the most innovative apps using Apple technologies while ensuring exceptional user experiences.
The role will focus on direct code-level support, developer events/labs, and forums, as well as writing technical notes and sample code. A key aspect is always exploring the latest technologies and helping the developer community ship great apps that show off the best of what Apple hardware and software can enable. If you’ve ever learned from sample code or Technical Note, opened a Technical Support Incident, attended WWDC Labs, or participated in Tech Talks, you’ve seen our work.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background and is driven to solve challenging technical problems on behalf of developers. Strong communication skills are essential, as is your ability to translate technical experiences to technical and non-technical audiences. The ability to work independently whilst fostering and leveraging collaborative relationships is important.
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years experience developing apps for iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS using UIKit and AppKit, with Swift or C / C++/ Objective-C and SwiftUI.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills: You will be writing, presenting to, and speaking with developers and engineering colleagues regularly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals & debugging instincts.
- Willingness to dive in and take ownership of a problem space: You will be treated as an expert and go-to for your areas of support.
- Ability to rapidly problem solve, improvise, and triage technical scenarios.
- Resourceful, passionate, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
Salary & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $138,900 and $256,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.