Sr. Director, Developer Engagement
About the Job
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Couchbase Sr. Director, Developer Experience
Couchbase has a massive opportunity to engage with the very large developer community at large to drive the company forward. An energized and engaged community will contribute to the key Couchbase goals around growth and efficiency. Couchbase is looking for a leader for this important cross-functional initiative.
The Sr. Director of Developer Experience at Couchbase will drive both the strategy and activities to dramatically improve the developer experience from the first touch through our products. Providing an excellent experience will increase our engagement with the global developer community in service of driving company growth.
This role will lead a cross-functional team that will interact with and influence other key stakeholders in the business to coordinate and drive activity with agility and innovation toward tangible outcomes. Based in the Marketing organization, they will coordinate key resources such as e-learning, community and developer relations, product management, engineering, and sales and be supported by a program management resource. You will work with executive leadership to determine the key metrics to measure the progress and success of the program and drive towards attaining those metrics.
You will report to the CMO at Couchbase and regularly report on progress to the executive team as we execute this crucial strategic area.
Come help us Make Tomorrow Better Than Today, Start Now.
- Drive and execute the overall Couchbase strategy for engaging the vast global developer community.
- Lead the optimization of our developer journey. While you won't be the one ‘doing’ the activities within the product (e.g. the journey) that address this, you will be the driver who owns the outcomes. You are a vehicle for surfacing needs, coordinating across teams and driving those through to completion.
- Define and drive the key metrics for success for the developer strategy, ensuring regular reporting against same, presenting these outcomes to our executive leadership team with suggested actions to bring metrics back on track as needed
- Organize and galvanize the cross functional teams across the organization to achieve the goals. This is a crucial initiative that requires input from product management, marketing, engineering and more teams and influencing inputs from these teams will be necessary to drive outcomes
- Interface with various teams, including with Product (e.g. Capella) on developer integrations and building applicable NPI plans
- Evangelize the importance of this program internally and externally, ensuring buy-in to this as a significant element of our company strategy
Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence and motivate others towards a common objective
- Deep understanding of the value Couchbase offers to developers combined with the ability to communicate the value propositions
- Strong understanding of the developer motion and journey with Couchbase
- Motivated by and able to converse effectively with developers
- Organized and programmatic to drive scale with the activities
- Ability to work cross functionally to get by in and participation within Couchbase
- Metrics driven approach for measuring outcomes and alignment to company goals
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to tell a story
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Executive presence - you can bring concise, impactful updates to the Couchbase leadership team
Modern customer experiences need a flexible cloud database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between. Couchbase’s mission is to simplify how developers and architects develop, deploy and consume modern applications wherever they are. We have reimagined the database with our fast, flexible and affordable cloud database platform Capella, allowing organizations to quickly build applications that deliver premium experiences to their customers– all with best-in-class price performance. More than 30% of the Fortune 100 trust Couchbase to power their modern applications and build innovative new ones. See our recent awards to learn why Couchbase is a great place to work.We are honored to be a part of the Best Places to Work Award forthe Bay Area and the UK. Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits that recognizes the value you create here, so that you in turn may best serve yourself and your family. Some benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!
#Couchbase delivers Capella, the cloud database platform for modern applications