Vice President, Developer Relations
About the Job
This leadership role needs to be based in California, Oregon, or the state of Washington:
- California Non-Bay Area - Remote
- USA; Oregon - Remote
- USA; Washington - Remote USA
We are looking for a Vice President of Developer Relations, with a strong technical product management and business development background to develop and execute on our strategy for building and nurturing our developer community. As a passionate advocate of Qualcomm’s solutions, you'll drive awareness, adoption, and engagement through an active community participation strategy. The ideal candidate would bring strong technical expertise, a passion for building relationships with developer communities, and the leadership to build teams and capabilities.
- Create a developer relations strategy in partnership with product management, engineering and marketing teams to build and grow our developer community
- Lead a team that builds world-class software tools that ensure developer productivity across the developer journey
- Partner with product and engineering to bring community feedback and improve our service.
- Grow and nurture the developer ecosystem by focusing on engagement, activation and retention
- The individual will need to have a deep understanding of application processor technologies and complete SW stack, from firmware to apps layer, to allow seamless access to Snapdragon technology innovations to third party app developers and to take away any friction in the process. This would mean creating a complete API roadmap that is closely coupled with the Snapdragon technology roadmap.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study
- Fifteen (15) years of related work experience including 5 years of developer relations experience
- Five (5) years of leadership experience
- Five (5) years of developer community experience and developing API’s
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study
- Twenty (20) or more years of related work experience including 10 years of developer relations experience
- Ten (10) or more years of leadership experience including people management
- Ten (10) or more years working in a global technology organization
- Strong executive presence, communication and presentation skills, and influencing skills aimed at driving successful business outcomes.
- Understanding of open source software development and the open source community.
- API background and proven track record
- SoC architecture knowledge
In addition to experience, the successful candidate will have demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
- Management skills: The ability to grow teams and individuals personal skills by build trusting, collaborative relationships though 1:1 meetings, mentoring and demonstrating leadership skills that enables peoples soft skills and inspires others to excel. Must be able to build rapport with different types of people and businesses. The individual must be able enable/ improve constant soft and hard skill improvement for people on their team. The individual must also, be able to successfully plan headcount, budgets, capital, and any additional mgt task required.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
- Building Trusting Relationships: The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships, and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
- Communication: The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
- Creating the New and Different: The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Decision Making: The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
- Getting Work Done: The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of product management methodology. This includes the ability to effectively use product management tools to carry out the product management function.
Enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected