Sr. Cloud Solution Architect - Developer Advocate
About the Job
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
The Senior Cloud Solution Architecture (CSA) Developer Advocate team works with customers and empowers them to increase their business value by using Microsoft Developer Technologies. Our team prides itself on continuous learning, embracing a growth mindset, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints to be their authentic selves.
As a Sr. Cloud Solution Architect - Developer Advocate, you will drive, guide, and support the customer in building new applications as well as modernize and optimize existing workloads. You enable customers to successfully adapt and evolve using Microsoft Cloud technologies.
You will leverage your technical expertise, business acumen and developer passion while you participate in technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments, including identifying engagements to improve developer maturity, skilling and supporting success of customer projects. You are responsible for execution against our Developer portion of the Customer Success Contracts and orchestration of cross-functional programs that deliver customer value and enable transformational customer outcomes. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, leverage your delivery management capabilities and deepen your cloud and industry expertise. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Portland, Oregon, United States
- Boise, Idaho, United States
- Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Denver, Colorado, United States
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customers and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
- Microsoft or competitor equivalent (e.g., AWS) certification in relevant developer technologies.
- Experience with MS Developer tooling such as Visual Studio, VSCode, Azure DevOps and GitHub or competitive tools
- Understand customers’ overall Business and IT priorities and success measures to build cloud applications including DevOps processes, AI and Low code opportunities.
- Acts as the voice of the customer by driving new feedback into engineering, insights on usage and application patterns.
- Coordinate Microsoft Developer resources to improve customer engagements and help accelerate solution deliveries by augmenting customer and/or partner resource gaps.
- Support customer skilling by delivering as a trusted technical advisor to ensure customer readiness by facilitating technical discussions and enabling operational health and cloud readiness.
- Ensure that solution exhibits performance, security, scalability, maintainability and reliability upon deployment.
- Consumption (Cloud & Support) growth - Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results & help Customers get value from their Microsoft investments.
- Resolution of Customer Blockers - Identify resolutions to Customer blockers by leveraging subject matter expertise and use internal Microsoft processes for escalations to support and engineering.
- Drives customer/partner relationships to anticipate, identify, escalate, and work to resolve technical blockers to accelerate consumption and solution implementations.
- Proactively uses knowledge of the products, services, and value propositions of Microsoft and its competitors in customer/partner conversations to identify growth opportunities based on knowledge of customer/partner needs.
- Learns new technologies or services that are aligned to customer needs and common patterns seen in Cloud application development.
- Shares ideas, insights, and strategic technical input with technical teams and internal communities. Participates in external technical community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons).
- Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners. Drives opportunities for IP reuse, best practice sharing, and consumption acceleration.
Salary & Benefits
Cloud Solution Architecture IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $101,200 - $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $130,000 - $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay