Developer Relations - Editor-in-chief (full-time, remote)
About the Job
Software is changing the world, and our mission is to help dev teams adopt new technologies and practices. InfoQ provides software engineers with the opportunity to share experiences gained using innovator and early adopter stage techniques and technologies with the wider industry. We carefully curate and peer review everything we publish. We strongly believe that the high-quality insights offered by both our editors and other contributors have the power to uplift entire communities.
YOU have a strong passion for software and innovative technologies, great writing skills, and want to help us track and report on the world’s most innovative ideas.
The MISSION is to track change and innovation for software developers, team leads, architects, and software project management, in a way that will inspire them to drive change and innovation within their software projects. Spearhead content and experiences that inform software practitioners connect them with acclaimed software practitioners worldwide and have a real impact on the software development community.
- Learning, staying on the edge, and being a part of driving innovation in software development - software is changing the world!
- Creating technical content that will make a difference for more than 2M software developers per month.
- Supporting and mentoring expert-practitioner authors and contributors.
- Collaborating with some of the world’s most software practitioners.
- Being a part of an energetic, supportive, and fun team.
- Working from home as a full-time contractor for a remote-first company.
- Annual travel (approx. 4-5 times per year) to NYC, SF, London, and other global locations for conferences & team building.
- Working with a diverse international team with a great culture.
- Training and education budget for your professional growth.
- Coordinate, mentor, and help grow the InfoQ Editors team.
- Develop content strategies, acquire content, and help InfoQ be the #1 place to track change and innovation in software.
- Explore new topics, channels, and online experiences for InfoQ readers.
- Must reside in Europe, Africa, or South America in time zones between GMT-3 and GMT+2. Our team is fully remote, but outside of those time zones communication between team members is challenging.
- Strong technical background.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Passion for software and delivering amazing products.
- A mindset for continuously improving products and processes.
- Proficiency in remote work best practices and platforms (Slack, Google Drive, etc).
- Ability to provide efficient solutions in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated & self-managing. Able to work independently in C4Media’s high-freedom virtual environment.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to work as a contractor.
- Able to work in overlap with our core global office hours (9 am - 1 pm EST).
- Valid passport & ability to travel internationally (incl. USA, UK).
- Ability to attend international events 3-5 times per year for up to 8 days each.
Human progress through technology