Cloud Solution Architecture (CSA) Developer Advocate
About the Job
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With this in mind, we have an opportunity available for a CSA Developer Advocate.
As an CSA Developer Advocate you are one of the primary customer facing roles responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries, strong customer relationships and responsible for helping our customers get the best from their technology choices and development teams.
Skills & Experience
You will be coming from a background in software development (or related role such as dev manager, tester, architect) with understanding of software development processes, lifecycle management, devops culture and tooling and cloud development (such as SAAS and PAAS).
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to guide customers in delivering high quality solutions in the Microsoft cloud through the adoption and best practice use of our technologies with the following skills and experience.
- Background in coaching and presenting technical knowledge and best practices to developers, architects, and customer stakeholders.
- Development experience using one or more OOP languages including an understanding of implementation, testing and deployment.
- Understanding of development methodologies such as DevOps & SecOps
- Experience developing cloud and on-premise applications.
- Knowledge of Open-Source ecosystems (desirable).
Experience - Demonstratable experience working on technical development projects focused on Cloud and software/services solution.
Leadership - This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSA Developer Advocate shows leadership working on projects comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer teams engaged in the delivery of complex software solutions.
Relationship Building - Enjoy building relationships with senior customer executives in strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/engagements required.
Program Management – Experience planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration and communications.
Collaboration and Communication - Ability to drive decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management.
Certifications and Skills desired:
- Technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture
- Project Management or Methodologies: PMP, Prince2, Scrum, Agile, SAFe or similar experience
In this exciting role, the CSA Developer Advocate brings industry experience, technical expertise, and a passion for innovation to support the customer’s successful adoption of Microsoft developer and cloud technologies aligned with the customer’s development strategy. You are front and centre with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
There are several accountabilities and skills mentioned below. It’s ok if you don’t match all of them. If you’re enthusiastic to make a real difference, get in touch.
- Share industry experience and development expertise with our customers to help them adopt best practices.
- Continually look for ways to improve customer experience, software development capabilities and the overall use of our technology.
- Build strong customer relationships to meet their strategic goals.
- Work with customer development teams to ensure technical support is aligned with their projects and milestones.
- Helping customers to improve their developer velocity
- Share knowledge of the latest Microsoft and open-source technologies to solve development challenges.
- Ensure contract obligations are met by driving quality planning as part of the Microsoft account team to deliver support services.