Developer Advocate (m/f/d)
About the Job
Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 70+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world who are on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, having raised $34m in funding (Series A + seed round). This enabled us to build one of the largest tech and product teams across all European Series A-funded startups with 50+ team members.
We work together to create an environment for people with open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and redefine your own potential. We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive, and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it’s like to work here
At Y42, our mission is to empower teams to build, maintain and iterate on data assets , and we believe that our data orchestration platform is the right vehicle to do so. To attract more people to our cause, we are looking for a Developer Advocate to kickstart our community and champion the success of data practitioners.
After having built multiple companies in the data space, our founder and the team have learned that the data world is in dire need of what DevOps did for software engineering. More specifically, we believe the fundamental principles of continuous development, experimentation, and automation will bring a profound and transformative change to the data space.
We believe that our product has the potential to reshape the entire data industry. Due to the vital significance of this role , you will be part of our Product Team, working closely with our CEO — who is also the Product & Tech Lead at Y42 – and our Senior Product Growth Manager.
- Build and engage the Y42 community of data engineers, analytics engineers, and data analysts
- Inspire, educate and nurture the growth of data practitioners by any means necessary, be it videos, blog articles, social media posts or tutorials
- Communicate complex data topics to folks with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and collaborate with our Marketing Team to ensure Y42’s voice is heard in the broader data community
- Influence the direction of our product development roadmap by gathering feedback from our community and working closely with the CEO and Product Team
- Build your own data pipelines with Y42 platform (e.g., as lighthouse projects) and provide direct feedback to our engineers and product managers
Skills & Experience
- Have 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, analytics engineer or data engineer
- Have prior experience with creating technical content for the data community
- Have previous experience using the modern data stack tools (dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, …) alongside cloud data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake or Redshift)
- Have previous experience building, managing, and/or engaging with a community
- Are passionate and vocal about maintaining high standards in data engineering
- Are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, both large and small
- Are ambitious and eager for growth in a fast-paced environment
- Are adept at communicating technically complicated topics in a simple and elegant way
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous stock options package to participate in the company’s success. You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
The first fully-managed Modern DataOps Cloud