About the Job
ProFinda is looking for a new technical author to join our fast-growing team. You will be reporting to the Senior Technical Writer and you will be an essential part in helping our documentation department grow and expand. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, expand your knowledge, and grow. This is the perfect position for someone who has a passion for technical writing and all of its nuances (should we capitalise this, or not?), who wants to dive deep into the details, and who enjoys seeing themselves and our product grow.
Your opinion will be highly valued, and you will be encouraged to provide your input on how to help our department improve and expand. If you have a desire to further your knowledge and grow in an exciting work environment, we want to hear from you!
- Creating technical documents such as user guides, release notes, and knowledge base articles..
- Reviewing, editing, and updating existing documents.
- Working in a scrum/agile environment.
- Working with our developers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and project managers to create and maintain the documentation.
- Ensuring that the documentation is up to date by reviewing the interface and the existing documentation.
- Editing documents created by other team members and turning them into client facing material.
- Working in a SaaS environment with quarterly release cycles.
- Creating and editing instructional videos.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience creating technical writing procedures.
- Familiarity with technical writing basics and standards. For example, the Microsoft Manual of Style.
- Experience working with SaaS, quarterly release cycles, and release notes.
- The ability to simultaneously juggle multiple documents.
- Familiarity with SnagIt, Camtasia, or Notion is a plus.
- Experience creating instructional videos is a plus. (We will teach the right person!)
- The ability to work independently and be self-sufficient.
- Native English speaker or high-level working proficiency.
- A writing sample will be required to be considered.
Total Workforce Optimization, aligning the work priorities of the organization with the capabilities of the workforce