Developer Advocacy, Group Manager
About the Job
Are you passionate about being at the forefront of AI, cloud-native technologies, and best-in-class development experiences? Do you thrive on sharing that passion with others in helping them build world-class products?
As a Developer Advocate Group Product Manager at Intuit, you will define and lead a new advocacy team. The team will evangelize Intuit’s open-source projects, Intuit platform capabilities, and APIs to help developers and operators create awesome products. You will build strong communities both inside Intuit and outside of Intuit. You are a strategic thinker who understands how advocacy activities impact product adoption, developer success, and community growth.
This role is at the cutting edge of AI, cloud-native, open-source technologies, developer experiences, and API platforms (REST and GraphQL). You will work closely with product management, developer marketing, technical learning, and engineering teams to evangelize technologies such as Kubernetes, Argo, Istio, public cloud, observability, scalable distributed systems, and AI/MLOps.
The ideal candidate will have direct developer advocacy and evangelism experience with hands-on technology skills, coupled with deep customer empathy and a track record of producing and communicating engaging content. They will have experience leading a team and/or cross-functionally dotted line leadership.
Location(s): Mountain View, California; San Diego, California; New York, New York; Los Angeles, California; Toronto, Canada; San Francisco, California
- Mentor and coach team on Advocacy best practices and skills
- Help define how a world class Developer Advocacy team operates and drives business impact
- Drive the editorial calendar and support the team’s creation of engaging content around Intuit’s open source engagements and products
- Engage with developers and participate in developer forums; create samples, guides, tutorials, and blogs to ensure an excellent experience, both for internal and external developers
- Work closely with partners and open source communities, such as CNCF, GraphQL Foundation, to coordinate marketing collateral and initiatives
- Be an evangelist for the Intuit development platform, Development Portal, and open source projects both internally and externally by speaking at conferences, meetups, community meetings.
- Be customer-obsessed, acting as the voice of developers and Intuit’s customers in creating and operationalizing world-class SaaS platforms
- Help improve our products by providing feedback on API design, platform usability, and functionality
- Participate in and grow the communities around Intuit’s involvement in open source
Skills & Experience
- 5 -7 + years of experience in developer advocacy and evangelism, 1-2 years in team leadership experience
- Experience creating, marketing, and editing various forms of technical content that resonates with developers
- Hand-on experience with and a solid understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem, developer tools, and APIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Confident in articulating value propositions, yet able to seamlessly drop into technical details when needed
- Good understanding of defining and building SaaS services, products, and infrastructure at scale
- Previous experiences working with open source products and engaging with the community, either internally or externally
- Undergraduate degree required; computer science, electrical engineering, math, science, or a related technical discipline preferred, equivalent professional experience will be considered
The global financial technology platform with TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp that powers prosperity