About the Job
Quickwit, Inc. is the company behind Quickwit, the fastest search engine on cloud storage. Founded in late 2020 and incorporated in the U.S., the company has raised a seed round from two VC firms and comprises 6 engineers. Paul Masurel, the CEO and CTO of Quickwit, is the creator of tantivy, a highly performant search engine library written in Rust that has rallied a great community of users since its inception.
Our strategy is bottom-up developer adoption, driving revenue through commercial licenses and distribution partnerships. Developers are our users; companies are our paying customers.
In the longer term, we want to provide paying enterprise features (security, encryption,…) and eventually have a cloud offering.
Over the last 2 years, we’ve gathered a growing community:
- 4k+ GitHub stars on Quickwit and 8k+ stars on Tantivy.
- 115k blog post views.
- 150+ instances running Quickwit daily.
- 150k+ Docker image pulls.
We’re hiring a Developer Advocate to take the reins of content creation and community management to boost our growth:
- You will define our content and social media strategy and execute it with the team's help; we want everyone in the company involved in writing the documentation and/or technical content.
- You will develop relationships with developers from different backgrounds: from young developers discovering the search domain to more experienced developers looking to scale their search and analytics engine to petabytes efficiently.
- Improve the overall product experience: identify gaps (documentation, APIs, CLI, low-hanging fruit features) and fix them or surface those issues to the dev team.
- Educate the world on Cloud-Native Search and Analytics.
- Writing, editing, and managing content (articles, tutorials, video demos/walkthroughs, engaging demos and experiments…) to engage developers at scale on our social media, blog, newsletters…
- Coordinating content produced by the team.
- Producing high-quality documentation.
- Owning the content calendar and ensuring we are publishing content every week.
- Talking to relevant conferences (FOSDEM, KubeCon, local meetups, …)
- Grow our audience. We already had some success on Twitter, Reddit, and Hackernews. You will define the strategy for social media; your responsibilities will include the following:
- Driving adoption of Quickwit via our social channels (Twitter, Reddit, and HackerNews).
- Organizing new product or feature launches.
- Experimenting with new social channels.
- Engage with our users. Quickwit has a Discord server with 500+ members, and we have dozens of contributors on Quickwit and Tantivy repositories. You will be responsible for:
- Growing our Discord server.
- Organizing community events like Streaming events, IRL dinners, meetups, etc
- Establishing strong relationships with Quickwit users who help to spread the word about Quickwit.
- Capturing feedback, feeding it back into our roadmap, and conveying our roadmap and progress back to the user community to close the loop.
- Track performance.
- Improving and monitoring the list KPIs to track: GitHub stars, the number of instances running Quickwit…
Skills & Experience
- You have experience as a professional software engineer.
- You can create clear and creative technical writing and demonstrate this by sharing long-form writing samples if required.
- You have experience producing and managing content on various channels.
- You are excited to speak with users and advocate for their needs.
- You are comfortable presenting to large developer audiences.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience building and managing open-source communities.
- Experience in observability and/or search domain.
Search more with less