About the Job
We are a team deeply passionate about natural language processing (NLP). Throughout the recent years, we have been dedicated to assisting numerous individuals in adopting and mastering cutting-edge technologies for processing and querying unstructured text data.
At the core of our efforts lies our flagship product, Haystack, an open-source LLM framework designed for creating powerful, production-ready applications. Our ultimate aim is to establish Haystack as the go-to standard for practical LLM applications.
We are on the lookout for a talented individual to join us as a Developer Advocate. In this role, you'll collaborate with our exceptional Developer Relations team to continue fostering an outstanding global community of engineers, where the developer experience is given top priority.
As a Developer Advocate at deepset, your primary focus will be ensuring that NLP practitioners achieve success with Haystack.
You'll work towards reducing barriers to entry in the field of NLP by enhancing the developer experience, specifically by delivering the right content at meetups, conferences, technical videos and webinars.
You’ll help us grow and excel in the realm of DevRel, enabling us to learn and progress together as a team.
We are an AI startup that empowers developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
LIFE AT DEEPSET
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Apply to and attend the relevant conferences, events and meetups in the US, as a primary focus of the role
- Generate an impact on the rest of the DevRel team in understanding the most impactful communities and events to take part in the USA
- Understand the most challenging use cases in the modern LLM stack and address these with your community engagements with a focus on Haystack
- Represent the developer's needs internally and externally
- Work with the most experienced and talented Engineering teams around on improving Haystack-powered products
- Kick-start our video presence and lead our YouTube presence
- Build awareness of Haystack with the community by writing or posting about your work
Skills & Experience
- Software Engineer with 3+ years of Developer Advocate experience, having written and maintained code
- Have high empathy toward the community and enjoy helping people
- Technical storyteller and you have delivered talks at meet-ups, conferences or have produced technical videos
- Experience with managing the community via various channels such as Twitter, Discord, StackOverflow, Reddit or YouTube is a big plus
- Previous experience with NLP will be considered a big plus
- Being part of, maintaining, or leading open-source communities is a big plus
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
Bringing cutting-edge Natural Language Processing to the industry via open source