Senior Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Developer Relations Engineer to join Mina Foundation, the non-profit steward of Mina Protocol, the world’s lightest blockchain. We are building the first cryptocurrency protocol with a succinct blockchain, enabling greater access and ease of adoption than other protocols. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems in crypto engineering.
We’re working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures, and ramifications that could match the influence of the internet’s development. We believe it’s important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
This role requires 50% engineering and 50% training/education. Teaching and developing dApps on the latest zk Snarks releases while traveling around the world.
- Build zkApps (Zero-Knowledge dApps) and demos to help showcase Mina capabilities which the community can leverage.
- Directly engage with the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training, and other education channels.
- Community Support - Facilitate a great experience with Mina for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Discord, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Community development - Foster a healthy community globally through user group support, a Community Champions program.
- Build samples and demos to help showcase Mina capabilities which the community can leverage.
- Create content to engage the developer audience through blog posts, documentation, videos and social media
- Develop technical content to simplify development for Mina developer community.
- Conduct projects that better facilitate the community engagement and activeness
- Collaborate closely with the Mina Foundation Marketing & Community, Engineering and Product teams.
- Screen incoming grant applications for technical fit, providing recommendations to applicants as needed.
- Support grant applicants through screening, launch, growth stages by connecting them with relevant teams at Mina ecosystem.
- Synthesize and share feedback from the developer community with Engineering and Product teams to help Mina improve the product.
Skills & Experience
- Report Developer Relations projects.
- Lead content initiatives and strategize effective ways of educating the developer community.
- Experience in a developer relations, developer education role.
- Development skills - A Computer Science degree, or equivalent, 2+ years of blockchain development experience.
- Presenting skills - The ability to present complex technical ideas to developers and often non-technical audiences.
- Education skills – The ability to craft educational/training content.
- Data-driven decisions – eager to experiment with new ways to help our developer learn our products faster.
- Curiosity - Experience of working with blockchain is not essential but a demonstrated curiosity about the technology and its impact are critical.
- Ability to travel - The developer relations team spends 30% of the time on the road globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent Salary, Benefits & Working Environment
The Mina Foundation serves the Mina Protocol, the world’s lightest blockchain