About the Job
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only does the Optimism network improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, the profits generated from doing so are donated to Ethereum public goods. This ethos is also core to the identity of OP Labs: the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is seeking an experienced Developer Evangelist to join our Developer Relations team. As a Developer Evangelist, you will play a pivotal role in driving developer adoption and engagement by creating compelling content, delivering impactful presentations, and building strong relationships within the developer community. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to shape product strategy, represent developer perspectives, and contribute to the success of our developer-focused initiatives.
- Drive inbound developer interest and excitement by creating and delivering compelling, highly technical content including blog posts, tutorials, videos, and presentations.
- Evangelize Optimism, the OP Stack, and OP Mainnet to developers through public speaking, webinars, meetups, and other events.
- Build and nurture relationships with developers, thought leaders, and community influencers to foster a vibrant and engaged developer community.
- Represent Optimism at industry conferences, trade shows, and developer events, showcasing our technology and engaging with the developer community.
- Lead hackathon strategy and coordination, including sponsorship strategy and connecting with event leadership.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Business Development to provide valuable feedback and insights from the developer community.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, important EIPs, and emerging technologies, and help position Optimism as the leading developer community for new tech.
- Support the Business Development team in closing top teams when demos and highly technical expertise is required.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in developer relations, technical advocacy, or a related role, strongly emphasizing public speaking and content creation.
- Deep technical expertise in crypto software development, blockchain infrastructure, and related domains.
- Proven experience creating engaging technical content, such as blog posts, tutorials, and videos.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong network within the developer community and a demonstrated ability to engage and connect with developers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Passion for crypto, innovation, and a genuine desire to contribute to the success of the ecosystem.
- Optimism about the future of the open internet.
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
Optimists. Scaling ethereum's technology & values