Product Manager II, Developer Experience
About the Job
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Developer Experience team at Coinbase - key to Coinbase’s mission to create an open financial system for the world.
Our Data Platform powers the work and decisions that all of Coinbase invests into making this mission a reality. The team develops cutting-edge Web3 and traditional applications and services on our Data Platform that power dozens of Coinbase products.
You will own the vision & roadmap for the Coinbase development environment, covering development lifecycle from design, develop, and deploy. and handles considerations such as integration with other services, scalability, optimization for performance, and security vulnerability mitigation. Your work will support overall developer productivity at Coinbase, measured by:
- Velocity: take an idea to production in one day
- Quality: ship world-class products by default
- Joy: frictionless flow is fun
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated Product Manager who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. You will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, able to think through complex challenges, and able to align cross-functional teams effectively to launch products.
Knowledge and experience in on-chain data and applications, data platform technologies, and/or crypto products are value-adds for this role.
- Own the roadmap for Coinbase’s Developer platform
- Own product development from conception to launch
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design and cross-functional teams to develop and steer product roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics to guide product development
- Align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Previous experience working in software product management
- Demonstrated passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with developer products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 1+ years of experience as a software engineer
Salary & Benefits
Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range as detailed below. Full time offers from Coinbase also include target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Pay Range: $175,100—$206,000 USD
Benefits at Coinbase:
- Medical Plan, Dental and Vision Plan with generous employee contributions
- Health Savings Account with company contributions each pay period
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- Mobile/Internet Reimbursement
- Remote-First Stipend
- Connections Stipend
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
We're building an open financial system for the world