Developer Advocate, Google Cloud Developer Media Studios
About the Job
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Cloud Developer Relations has established the Developer Media Studios (DMS) to create exceptional online technical content. Our goal is to drive awareness, adoption, and understanding of Google Cloud, as well as to create something clickable, shareable, and worthy of remark.
As a Google Cloud Developer Advocate, you will represent Google Cloud within the developer community. You'll interact with various technical roles such as Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning experts, and Site Reliability Engineers, among others. In this role, you will create engaging, discoverable, and useful technical resources (e.g., articles, videos, trainings, podcasts, white-papers) and deliver and distribute them online, so as many developers as possible can access them.
- Create engaging and informative online resources including but not limited to articles, white-papers, videos, screencasts, training, blog posts, podcasts, and social media pieces to increase awareness of Google Cloud Platform products and best practices.
- Work closely with product teams across Google Cloud Platform to understand their developer priorities, and create and execute associated developer community engagement strategies.
- Establish credibility as a subject matter expert at a deep level by engaging with your developer community in meaningful ways.
- Identify new outreach channels in response to industry trends and the ever-changing developer community landscape.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, other technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience presenting technical concepts to external or internal technology communities through presentations, workshops, videos, blogs, podcasts, webinars, hackathons, blogs, or social media.
- Experience with related cloud products and technologies (e.g., PaaS, managed databases, machine learning, or serverless products).
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to a popular open source project.
- Experience as a software developer, architect, technical advocate, consultant, educator, community manager, product manager, CTO, Customer Engineer, or consultant.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in advocating on behalf of the technology communities that you identify with and to work with those communities to solve their problems using Google technologies.
Technology, Information and Internet