About the Job
Gravitee.io is taking APIs to the next level — we are the premier, open-source API platform and we want everyone to know how amazing our software is. To make this happen, we need someone passionate, ambitious, curious, and competitive looking to help our business and play a fundamental role in building something special. This is where you come in. We are currently recruiting a Developer Advocate to join our growing business. We are looking for someone who is passionate about educating and enabling technical end users.
As our Developer Advocate, you will have the opportunity to lay the foundations for a high performing team as Gravitee.io exponentially grows. You will be responsible for identifying Gravitee end user needs, working with the Product Marketing team to create Developer-facing content and material, and managing online and in-person end user education events, such as customer tech talks, workshops, bootcamps, meetups, and more. All of this will culminate in setting the foundations for a Developer Experience team that we plan on growing over time. We are looking for somebody to build this from scratch and then manage the team as it grows!
- Create demos, tutorials, and thought leadership content to spread the good news about event-native API Management and enable Developers and Architects to better use Gravitee.
- Set up and run Developer education events, such as online workshops, online/in-person meetups, tech talks, etc.
- Talk with our customers and our OSS community to understand and advocate for their needs.
- Manage the Gravitee Certification program, our end-user-focused education program to certify the best of the best Gravitee users
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical, product-facing role, such as Developer Evangelism, Developer Advocacy, Technical PMM, Technical Writing, Solutions Engineering, or, Engineering/Development
- At least basic programming skills and engineering experience
- Experience creating product end user educational content
- A great content creator; writing might not be your #1 skill, but you’re a good writer and ready to help pump out some contentFamiliarity with the world of APIs, API Management, and/or event streaming
- Strong project management skills
Not Essential but a plus:
- Experience building and managing community forums
- Experience with Discourse
- Experience with YouTube or other video streaming platforms
- Excellent medical coverage to keep your body and mind healthy
- Pension and 401k program options for all locations
- Stock option plan for employees
- 25 days holiday/vacation in addition to in-country national holidays as well
- 3 mental health days per year with an allowance toward a mood-boosting activity of your choice
- Birthday off to celebrate your dayLearn and grow with our professional development allowance to be used to benefit your career
- Quarterly outings and an annual offsites in an exciting location!
- Hybrid culture with options to go in to an office in one of our hubs
- Ability to work for one of the fastest-growing companies and alongside some of the most talented people in the API technology sector
- A meaningful, progressive, global company culture that is as fun as it is hardworkingEndless growth opportunities
An end-to-end solution built on an event-native API Gateway for both synchronous & asynchronous API lifecycle management