Head of Developer Relations
About the Job
We are looking for a Head of Developer Relations to build and lead a team of developers and blockchain advocates and execute its strategy. This is a newly created position and this person will be a senior leader within our growing business reporting to the Head of Engineering.
The Developer Experience team will work across the following broad goals;
- Directly own and drive developer adoption of Tezos and set strategy for multiple teams building for Tezos.
- Assist in supporting external developers seeking to build on the Tezos blockchain have access to the best tooling, education materials and support systems possible.
- To proactively engage with the developer community to promote the Tezos blockchain, via events, trainings, webinars and hackathons
This role will require the candidate to develop a thorough technical understanding of the Tezos blockchain. Existing knowledge of blockchain technology isn't required, however a voracious and extreme curiosity is necessary.
- Lead a team of developers and advocates and set their roadmap and direction.
- Create an inspiring vision and strategy for developer success and empower the team to deliver on it.
- Work in partnership with our business development teams to execute your vision and also to support BAU deals.
- Define, track, and report on goals and success metrics for the team's performance and impact.
- Use your industry knowledge to help the team build strategies for different developer markets.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering to align strategies and priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Have a strong foundation in Computer Science and prior experience with Software Engineering.
- Have experience leading engineering teams and love doing it; you feel passionate about empowering people and seeing them succeed.
- Enjoy tinkering with code and getting in the technical depths of open source software.
- Live and breathe the developer world, can empathise with them and the challenges they face, and are excited to help them succeed.
- Have bias for action and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Comfortably navigate collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and marketing teams.
- Great verbal and written communicator and are skilled at adjusting your message for different audiences.
- Double matching of pension contribution up to 10% of gross salary
- Top PMI for you and your family
- Up to £2,700 pa gross contribution towards office travel
- Life assurance policy
- 25 days holiday (plus an additional day for your birthday)
- Workplace perks, such as free lunch, snacks and drinks, and an onsite gym
Building the future on Tezos blockchain