Technical Content Marketing Manager
About the Job
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
As the first technical content marketing person at Finch, you’ll play a key role in building Finch’s marketing foundation. Your mission will be to build Finch’s resources center into a trusted site for product owners and developers. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Technical Content Marketing Manager will own critical KPIs such as website traffic to our resources pages, SEO, and 3rd party mentions, laddering directly to core marketing goals. This person will work closely with key stakeholders to articulate Finch’s technical vision and create a library of articles that demonstrate technical solutions that showcase Finch’s capabilities.
- Own technical content strategy and execution at Finch
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure alignment with stakeholders across sales, marketing, product, engineering and the executive team
- Build Finch’s resources center into a trusted resource for product owners and developers
- Unlock organic search as a growth channel for Finch with SEO strategies that both attract large volumes of traffic and also convertIncrease 3rd party mentions of Finch through earned and owned content strategies
- Contribute to developer docs strategy and periodically write articles to increase pre/post-sales satisfaction
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of technical content, developer solutions, or technical writing at fast-growing B2B companies
- Excellent writing skills – you need to be able to concisely write copy that paints a picture of a problem and how to solve it to technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical solutions skills – on a high-level, you need to be able to diagram complex technical architecture well and also be able to write technical code snippets/guides on how to implement a solution at a micro level
- Great collaboration and communication skills, especially with marketing, sales, product/engineering/design stakeholders, with experience communicating up, down and laterally
- General knowledge of SEO best practices, and how to implement a SEO roadmap that drives both traffic and sales opportunitiesDemonstrated a history of creative problem-solving
Great, But Not Required Experience:
- Managing an editorial calendar and strategic direction for content organizations
- People management experience
- You’ve been a developer in the past or on side/pet projects!
The #1 Unified API for Employment Systems