Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer, Developer Relations
About the Job
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is: To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Primary responsibilities include supporting Punchh customers, partners, and vendors in building integrations with Punchh. This includes understanding integration requirements, architecting solutions, and supporting development, launch and post-launch activities.
In addition to collaborating with external developers at customers/vendors, you will work closely with Punchh core Product and Engineering teams, in building external facing APIs. Finally, you will play the role of a Punchh ambassador in the external software developer community to evangelize Punchh products and encourage user adoption. This entails building open-source applications demonstrating use of Punchh APIs, collaboration with external developers, active participation in technical forums, building and supporting the Punchh Developer Portal - all geared towards the mission of making the Punchh Partner development experience seamless.
- Be a champion of the Punchh external API suite, the Punchh Dashboard and all integrations
- Provide technical support to Product Management in the discovery, scoping and solutioning meetings with prospective Punchh clients, partners and vendors
- Develop new APIs and maintain current ones in collaboration with core Product and Engineering teams
- Support Q&A from internal or external stakeholders on Punchh products/integrations
- Be responsible for the provision and upkeep of Partner Developer Resources
- Ensure the content on the Punchh Developer Portal is healthy and up to date
- Build open-source applications/features demonstrating use of Punchh APIs
- Participate in technical forums/developer communities to evangelize Punchh products
Shape the future of integrations at Punchh by bringing your technical expertise and innovative spirit to the forefront. Join us as we make the Punchh Partner development journey seamless and impactful. Let's create a brighter future together.
Skills & Experience
- Overall 5+ year of experience in building mobile, web, and server-to-server apps
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of experience building secure and scalable RESTful APIs
- Must have experience working with clients, partners and/or external vendors
PAR is a leading global provider of software, systems, and service solutions to the restaurant and retail industries