Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
Founded in 2019, Cake Group is a leading decentralised finance services provider and Southeast Asia’s fastest growing fintech platform. "We Do Crypto. You Do You." - Our vision is to become a one-stop platform for all crypto users to get easy access to DeFi and Web3 services. To date, more than 1 million users from over 190 countries trust us to manage over $1 billion in assets. We are a profitable, cashflow positive private rocket ship that's just getting ready for take-off. Join us.
About Birthday Research
Birthday Research (BR) is the Blockchain Research and Development arm of Cake DeFi, a Singapore-based blockchain and fintech company. Fuelled by the best minds in the industry, BR seeks to develop best-in-class blockchain innovations. Our work spans cryptographic research, deep blockchain consensus design and smart contract development — with a laser-sharp focus on driving the industry frontier while tackling the most demanding UX challenges of today.
The Moonshot team is a brand new endeavor at Birthday Research currently focused on creating revolutionary solutions that build upon the emergence of new technologies such as Bitcoin Ordinals, Taproot Assets and STAMPs. As an early-stage isolated project, we are seeking individuals who are highly entrepreneurial and possess exceptional problem-solving skills that transcend the standard software engineering paradigm. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to plan, design, and build within this new and quickly evolving landscape.
- Collaborate with external software developers and marketing managers.
- Maintain front-end components in a responsive way across multiple platforms.
- Create and maintain developer resources such as SDKs, demos and examples
- Actively promote content in other communities, events and social engagements
- Actively plan, present and communicate with the team during development processes.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience working in a fast pace tech-driven startup as a Software Engineer.
- Strong proficiency using SDKs and APIs with experience developing scalable systems.
- Excellent command of the English language used to support the community.
- Capable of documenting and writing about solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to take full ownership of projects from end-to-end whilst working independently.
- Also able to shift between tasks to collaborate with others in a fast-paced agile team.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding edge blockchain technologies.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience managing tech communities, meetups - and understand how they function
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain technologies is also preferred.