Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
We need to create authentic relationships with our potential users and customers based on knowledge sharing. If prospects know, like and trust us, they will be much more likely to use OSS Teleport and buy Teleport Enterprise. That is what Developer Evangelism is all about. We need someone who is highly technical themselves, but who can communicate our message.
This person should be able to interact with the Teleport engineering and product teams to understand our unique approach/philosophy and communicate that to the broader developer community.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- Teleport is used by the most innovative companies and projects in the world.
- Our documentation, code and website are open source: https://github.com/gravitational/teleport.
- We get the chance to collaborate with partners and cloud provides to help solve customers challenges.
- We partner closely with product, engineering and marketing teams. We Start Simple and Iterate.
- Growing open-source adoption of Teleport, Teleport Team and Teleport Enterprise.
- Writing and reviewing technical blog and learn articles.
- Writing and reviewing sample code in Golang, Python and Rust.
- Sending PRs to core Teleport code base to improve error messages and user experience.
- Creating video guides, labs, walk-throughs and webinars.
- Attending conferences and fine tuning messaging.
Skills & Experience
- Interest and experience in explaining complex technical topics to the wider audience.
- Kubernetes and infrastructure experience is a plus, but not required.
- Golang or Rust experience is a plus, but not required.
- Teleport is a remote company. This job is open to anyone located in US, Bay Area is a plus. Expected travel up to 20% of time for conferences and events.
Teleport is the easiest, most secure way to access all your infrastructure