Developer Relations Engineer - Backstage
About the Job
We are seeking a Developer Relations Engineer to join a high paced team of engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers (like a small startup) to test an entirely new technology-focused business line and distribution channel that seeks to meaningfully improve Spotify gross margin. We’re looking for ways to turbocharge the adoption of an already successful open source project and explore then scale outstanding commercial models.
Are you passionate about empowering developers to move quickly and scaling open source projects? Join us!
Responsibilities will vary frequently. We wear several hats and it's likely this role will span working with developers within Spotify, in the open source community, and across thousands of companies. We want someone who’s passionate about this type of environment.
- Own the cultivation and growth of the Backstage developer community.
- Connect with developers, both to share knowledge about Backstage and to bring back feedback from the community to the core team.
- Identify points of friction in the adoption and integration experience of Backstage.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify targets accounts and drive meaningful adoption of those organizations.
- Develop a strategy to hand off commercial-ready adopters to the sales pipeline.
- Build adoption documentation and evolve our existing public forums to provide champions with the info they need to make a Backstage business case.
- Share with the community through speaking, writing, and participation in developer events.
- Help make the developer experience simpler and better for all developers.
- Provide technical support to developers using Backstage.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in developer relations, developer community management, contributor success or a related field.
- Have a technical background, ideally comfortable with web technologies.
- Experience developing resources to support a developer platform (i.e. documentation, tutorials, sample apps, API client libraries).
- Experience and skills in technical writing and public speaking.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The United States base range for this position is $122,716-$175,308, plus equity.
- The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Passionate music fans. Innovative tech pros. Perfect harmony. Join our band