Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
You'll be our first developer relations hire. You'll have full ownership over our documentation, sample code, and blog.
You will have a major role in building a culture centered around customer empathy, and will be working closely with the founders.
You’ll also interact with our customers on a daily basis, gather feedback, and have significant input on new product and company direction.
What it will be like
- Your work will have an actual impact on our customers. You get to build the foundations of the company and product.
- No bureaucracy - You’ll own and drive every initiative you work on from start to finish.
- Massive growth opportunities. And not just on the technical side. Anything you want to learn about the business we’ll teach you.
- Work with a world-class engineering team tackling interesting technical challenges like operating a large Kubernetes cluster with several thousand CPUs, recording Zoom calls at scale, analyzing dynamic media at near-real time performance.
- Respond to customers in our shared Slack channels, and debug technical problems they face, contributing fixes when necessary.
- Provide feedback to the product team around improving developer experience
- Develop sample code, documentation, and demos to showcase our products and technologies.
- Lead initiatives aimed at improving developer experience, such as improving documentation and building SDKs
- Collaborate with developers to write deeply technical blog posts as well as with the go-to-market team to write content promoting the product
Skills & Experience
- Deep customer empathy, including the desire to speak with customers, solve their problems, and contribute to product decisions
- Strong ability to communicate complex technical topics in a simple and understandable way
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Previously founded a startup. Extra bonus for a dev-tools startup.
- Developer relations experience at an API company
Recall.ai provides a single API to access real-time meeting data from Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams and more