About the Job
At Rockset, we’ve built the real-time analytics database for the world's data applications. Our team and technology come from a rich heritage, rooted in the experience of building massive scale data systems at the world’s leading companies, and we created Rockset to make those kinds of powerful data platforms available to real-time application developers everywhere. We are creating a world where developers can go from complex data sets to fast, interactive applications and analysis effortlessly.
We’re a fast-growing company that values curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Boston, MA and London, UK and remote employees throughout the US.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to build engagement with developers and data engineers through educational technical content. The ideal candidate is curious about new data technologies and enjoys sharing their learnings through sample code, tutorials and video guides.
- Position Rockset as an integral component of modern real-time data and AI stacks within developer and data engineering communities
- Create high-quality content, including sample applications, how-to guides, technical blogs, hands-on workshops and video walkthroughs, to increase engagement with developers
- Partner with product and engineering teams to develop joint solution architectures, demos and presentations
- Nurture relationships with key external influencers and participate in online discussions related to data and AI
- Develop a personal brand and influence in the data, search and analytics space
Skills & Experience
- Enjoy constantly expanding your knowledge and understanding of the evolving data and AI landscape
- Have a passion for writing and sharing about innovative technologies
- Can communicate complex technical topics to audiences of varying technical skill levels
- Possess proficient working knowledge of SQL
- Preferred: History or experience in Data Analytics, Data Warehouse/Lake, Real-Time/Streaming, or Business Analytics space
- Preferred: Experience using cloud service providersP
- Preferred: Demonstrable experience in data modeling and database migration to NoSQL
The real-time analytics database built for the cloud