Developer Relations Intern
About the Job
We are a leading digital entertainment and media platform. We offer thousands of online games and also partner with digital publishers to display digital advertisements across the game and non-game content, reaching hundreds of millions of players and consumers worldwide.
We are growing fast, both organically and through acquisitions. This means that day-to-day we are working on mergers and acquisitions, adtech, visual design, and content creation, while also developing partnerships and building online communities.
We are headquartered in Amsterdam and we have more than 1300 talented people of 55 nationalities working in 25 offices around Europe, with very diverse and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
For the GameDistribution team at Azerion headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Developer Relations Intern.
About the GameDistribution team
The GameDistribution team offers a service for both developers and publishers whereby we help game developers monetize their high-quality (HTML5/Web-GL) games by distributing them to our wide range of publishers. Our team is young, fast-paced, fun, and very eager to add their contributions towards the further growth of the company.
What you will be doing and learning in this role
As a Developer Relations Intern, your main responsibilities consist of account management and game performance analysis.
This is an opportunity to sharpen your skills and develop a foundational knowledge of Account Management skills, that you can leverage for a future in Sales, Marketing, Consulting, and various Business roles. Additionally, this internship provides a headstart in the game industry, further enhancing your prospects in this exciting field.
What you will be doing and learning in this internship
- Support the team and learn the basics of account management
- Learn the basics of game design and game monetization in F2P casual web browser based games
- Work on competitive and marketing analysis
- Get to know the game industry
- Work and communicate with external partners
- Support the Developer Relations Management team in analyzing, contacting, and onboarding developers to our platforms
- Provide information to the team regarding partners' information, performance, content, etc.
- Content support, experience to understand the differentiation of game genres, and support the game selection activity
Skills & Experience
- Enrollment in Bachelor/Master studies at a University or Hogeschool for the whole length of this internship
- Short work experience, internships/traineeships, and industry-relevant experience are a plus
- Must be fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Passionate about gaming and keen to learn more about the industry
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Goal-oriented, and the ability to work independently
- Great skills in organizing workflow, prioritization, and time management
Availability: Available for a minimum of 5 months or longer, starting in September 2023.
- The opportunity to work and learn at an innovative, high-paced company
- Located near Amsterdam
- An informal yet professional international working environment
- Room for personal development in a highly skilled and motivated team
- Internship fee of €300,- per month
- Travel allowance
- Lunch is provided
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly optional workout programs like kickboxing.
We are a digital entertainment and media platform