Senior Developer Advocate
About the Job
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Manage and participate in Bazaarvoice Developer Portal forum
- Write sample code, apps, tools, and client libraries to assist and inspire developers in using Bazaarvoice APIs
- Help engineering teams improve products by conveying feedback from developers, advocating for new features, and pushing bug fixes
- Work with R&D teams to drive development of new APIs and API features including providing guidance on design best practice, technical documentation and training
- Create API related content including blogs, articles and tutorials
- Monitor social media interaction points such as forums, blogs, twitter, and other web sites for API issues, and take appropriate action
- Serve as an escalation point for API questions and support issues
- Provide guidance and consultation for colleagues, customers and partners as an expert in the Bazaarvoice APIs
- Support internal Q&A portal and API key process
- Willingness to participate in local API/developer community
- Developer advocate provides guidance and consultation to customers and partners as an expert in the Bazaarvoice APIs.
- Along with consultancy they manage and participate in Bazaarvoice Developer Portal forum/ community and should create API related content including blogs, articles and tutorials.
- They will be an escalation point of contact for API questions and support issues and can write sample code, apps, tools, and client libraries to assist and inspire client’s developers in using Bazaarvoice APIs.
- They should be working very closely with Engineering and Product teams and provide feedback from client’s interaction and make sure things are with right priority in backlog ( New or bugs)
Skills & Experience
- In depth understanding of REST, internet architecture, Web Development(using HTML, CSS,Rest API, XML, etc.), HTTP and API integrations.
- Working knowledge of Postman, Swagger.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated programming expertise including full stack web development.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and author technical documentation. Should be able to write blogs and technical specifications and features.
- A desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Be a learner, able to explore new areas, learn new things, and quickly apply them to solve new problems.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience - 5-8 yrs
Building smarter shopper experiences across the entire customer journey