C++ Developer Advocate
About the Job
At JetBrains, code is our passion. Ever since we started, back in 2000, we have been striving to make the most effective developer tools on earth. By automating routine checks and corrections, our tools speed up production, freeing developers to grow, discover, and create.
The Developer Advocacy team works with new and existing users of our products. We listen, we educate, and we advocate for their needs.
We’re looking for a C++ Developer Advocate. The ideal candidate for this position will be a developer with experience in C++ and its related technologies who is enthusiastic about sharing their expertise with others.
- Munich, Germany
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Berlin, Germany
- Teach people how to use technologies and JetBrains tools.
- Create content, such as blog posts, tutorials, webinars, screencasts, and more.
- Be active and visible in the C++ community.
- Interact with our users and relay their feedback to the product teams.
- Retain developer skills by regularly writing and publishing code.
- Speak at conferences and help at booths.
- Give talks at JetBrains events and our partner's events.
- Visit customers together with JetBrains sales representatives.
Skills & Experience
We will be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Have 5+ years of professional development experience with C++.
- Are able to quickly understand and work with new technologies.
- Are fluent in English.
- Have great communication skills.
- Possess good teaching skills.
- Are willing to travel.
We’d be especially thrilled if you:
- Have experience in Developer Advocacy.
- Appreciate developer needs as well as business priorities.
- Are experienced with specific C++ niches, such as embedded systems development or similar.
- Have knowledge of JetBrains tools such as CLion.
We're looking for people who don’t like to be micromanaged, have the discipline to plan tasks and complete them on their own, and enjoy freedom at work.
The team will give mentoring and guidance, as we recognize that not everyone has every necessary skill upon taking on a new role.
If you meet these requirements and, more importantly, believe in tooling and the work we do at JetBrains, then this might be the position for you!
The Drive to Develop