Data Security Engineer / Technical Writer
About the Job
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology companies. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, and editors.
If you're a software developer and you want to build your personal brand while getting paid to write about interesting technical topics on the side, this will be a great part-time role for you!
📣 We're looking for Data Security Specialists / Engineers who can write.
Draft.dev’s writers create technical blog posts and tutorials for clients in a wide range of industries and areas of technology. Writer pay starts at $300 per ~1500-word article and goes up as you complete more assignments.
This is a great side hustle as almost all our 200+ writers are full-time developers with a background in software engineering, data engineering, machine learning, product management, or similar.
Because we create content that will be read by a wide range of readers around the world, we are committed to supporting diversity in our writers (we currently have writers in over 50 countries).
What You'll Do
- Write content such as blogs, tutorials, guides, and other similar materials
- Research and prepare demo code as needed
- Conduct necessary research to ensure the accuracy of the content
- Respond to editorial requests in a timely manner
Your Skills & Experience
You have experience in any of the following:
- Sensitive Data Discovery and Classification
- Data Security Posture Management (DSPM)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) especially if it is cloud based
- Data Access Governance (DAG)
- Ideally, you also have experience with the latest regulations around data security and GDPR.
What You'll Love
- Remote work: 100% remote work environment allows for a flexible schedule and work from anywhere in the world
- Asynchronous communication: No need to be available at specific hours or use real-time chat tools, promoting work-life balance
- Diversity and inclusion: A company culture that values diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of our work
- Fair pay: Competitive salary based on experience, and a commitment to paying fair rates for quality work
- Honest feedback: A supportive work environment that values honesty and transparency in feedback to help employees grow and succeed.
If you have any of the skills listed above, please apply!
Technical marketing content for growing software companies