About the Job
We enable greatness through the cloud. We thrive on working with fast growing companies around the world to solve both essential and advanced cloud challenges. DoiT provides intelligent technology that simplifies and automates cloud usage, alongside expert consultancy and unlimited technical support, all at no extra cost to our customers. Join our mission where you’ll work remotely with a committed, experienced, and global team in a collaborative and supportive culture. We are an award-winning strategic partner of Google Cloud and AWS, we provide intelligent technology, expert consultancy and unlimited technical support for customers across more than 70 countries.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of software development and experience working with developers and developer communities. As a Developer Advocate at DoiT, you will establish a two-way dialog with our emerging community of digital native customers using DoiT Platform APIs and embed them into their workflows.
Reporting directly to the Head of Product Management, you will promote DoiT Platform APIs and act as a bridge between community members and our R&D organization. Your goal will be to make it easier for our developer users to integrate with our products and be successful within their companies.
- Develop deep expertise in DoiT’s products, its APIs and tooling, and especially how they integrate with the world around us
- Organize, inspire, and grow a community around our current developer users - establish regular and multi-channel engagements with the community
- Engage with and educate developers about the features and benefits of DoiT’s products
- Create, update, or help to create developer-centric content, including blogs, videos, technical documentation, tutorials, and presentation material to help developers get the most out of DoiT’s products
- Build technical demos using DoiT’s APIs that show our developer community the full potential of the product portfolio
- Experiment and explore new integrations that show interesting ways to leverage our product portfolio
- Support our most active and engaged developer users, be hands-on when necessary, and help them be successful as they leverage our products
- Gather developer feedback and continuously ensure DoiT’s product plans reflect the most important findings across the community
- Frequently representing the company and its technology at in-person industry events, live and virtual meetups, social media that is relevant to our target community, and other forums. (Travel will be required in this role, but at a rate we define together)
Skills & Experience
- Strong technical background, including 3+ years as a Developer Advocate or Software Engineer at companies building cloud-native applications.
- Experience writing blogs, code samples, demos, or tutorials with modern development technologies such as Go, Python, NodeJS.
- Strong ability to understand the developer's perspective and advocate for them internally
- Experience working within cross-functional teams (software development, product management, product marketing, etc.)
- Experience in creating and running developer community programs
- Familiarity with developer analytics tools and ability to measure the impact of developer relations initiatives
- Strong technical background and ability to troubleshoot and support developers on technical issues
- You have contributed to or maintained an open-source software project
- You are curious and are committed to continuous learning
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- Peer Recognition Program
DoiT develops the technology and expertise needed to solve both essential and complex cloud challenges