Are you a developer or operations professional looking for the latest trends and best practices to improve your development processes? Or maybe you're interested in learning more about developing successful relationships between developers and operations teams? If so, then make sure to mark your calendars for the upcoming DevRel and DevOps conferences taking place in 2023! These events will provide attendees with valuable insights into these topics, as well as offer keynote speakers, educational sessions, and networking opportunities. In this article, we'll explore what these conferences have to offer. So read on to learn more about how attending one of these events can help take your career to the next level!
Overview of the Upcoming DevRel and DevOps Conferences in 2023
- DevRelCon Yokohama 2023 is an upcoming DevRel conference set to take place in Yokohama, Japan between March 10 - 11, 2023. This event brings together developers, operations professionals, and other technology leaders from around the world to discuss the latest trends in developer relations. Attendees of the conference will have the opportunity to learn from keynote speakers, participate in educational sessions, and network with peers. Topics that will be covered include "Measuring DevRel During a Downturn", "Employer Branding 101: Developer Advocate Edition", and "Learning And Sharing In Public", to name a few.
- DevRelCon London 2023 is returning to its home city on June 13 - 14, 2023 after a two-year hiatus and bringing together some of the brightest minds in developer relations, education, marketing, and community. Presenters have an opportunity to share their expertise at this invigorating two-day event while exploring three central themes: Developer Education, Doing More with Less & Driving Successful Outcomes. The conference welcomes any other topics related to developer relations and you can submit your proposal before March 31st.
- DevRelX Summit 2023 will take place on October 25 - 26, 2023, and brings together a knowledgeable and passionate community of professionals at an engaging interactive experience. Being part of this summit is an incredible opportunity to share expertise with like-minded people dedicated to advancing Developer Relations. While the conference subjects and speakers are yet to be announced, you can take a look at the last year's summit and watch the event online to learn about topics like Keys to DevRel Success within the Organization Panel, Your Checklist as a First DevRel Hire in a Startup, and Ensuring the Success of Your Technical Content Efforts.
- DevOpsDays Tokyo 2023 is another upcoming event that will be held in Tokyo, Japan on April 18 - 19, 2023. DevOpsDays Tokyo is your chance to learn the latest in DevOps transformations from around the world with content presented both virtually and locally- including top overseas and local speakers! Not only will you be able to engage with industry experts on automation, testing, security, organizational culture; but also gain insight into how best practices can be leveraged within organizations through both Japanese & English language sessions - as well as simultaneous translation. Don't miss out on this internationally connected opportunity!
- DevOps Barcelona 2023 which is taking place on November 9 - 10, 2023 is deeply inspired by the incredible contributions of everyone in the industry. Those dreaming to make a lasting impression, small or large; from Open Source start-ups all the way up through Cloud giants alike - this Conference has something for every System Administrator, Operations Engineer, Developer, Manager or Tech enthusiast looking to push themselves further. Their call for papers closes on June 30th 2023.
- DevOpsCon London 2023 is the essential technology event for cutting-edge insights into tomorrow's digital world. Hosted on April 24 - 27, 2023 you'll join internationally recognized thought leaders to explore modern architectures in cloud development and progressive delivery strategies of Kubernetes & Uber Database Management at scale. Join this 4-day event, either onsite in London or remotely online.
For more upcoming DevOps conferences you can check this article where Stephen Watts makes a detailed overview of more than 20 DevOps conferences scheduled for 2023, and events announced but without dates yet. Also, DevEvents has a long list of DevOps conferences for 2023.
How Attending Can Help Take Your Career to the Next Level
Attending DevOps and DevRel conferences can be a great way to take your career to the next level. Not only do these conferences provide access to industry experts, keynote speakers, and educational sessions, but they also offer networking opportunities that can help you make valuable connections for future career advancement. Whether you're looking to learn about new trends or best practices, or to gain insight into how organizations are leveraging the latest technology, attending a DevOps or DevRel conference can provide you with the guidance and resources needed to succeed. Plus, attending these conferences is an excellent way to stay ahead of the competition and hone your skillset in the ever-evolving world of development operations. The main benefits we would draw out are:
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders help make valuable connections for future career advancement
- Gaining insight into how organizations are leveraging the latest technology is useful for implementing similar strategies yourself
- You would be staying ahead of the competition by honing your skillset in a rapidly evolving field
- Connecting and sharing ideas with like-minded professionals who could be your future colleagues
Tips for Making the Most Out of a Conference Experience
Making the most out of a conference experience requires more than just attending the event. Being proactive and engaging with other attendees and speakers can help maximize the value of attending a DevOps or DevRel conference. Here are some tips to make sure you get the most out of your experience:
- Take advantage of networking opportunities: Networking with industry professionals can be a great way to build connections for future career advancement. Take advantage of the networking opportunities offered by DevOps and DevRel conferences, such as connecting with speakers or other attendees through social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Talk to speakers: Don’t miss out on the chance to talk to the keynote speakers and learn more about their area of expertise. Ask questions during Q&A sessions or introduce yourself during coffee breaks – these are great ways to start conversations and make valuable connections.
- Take notes: Make sure you take comprehensive notes throughout the conference so that you can refer back to them later on. This will help you remember key points and strategies that you learned during your experience.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new: Whether it’s attending a session on a topic that is unfamiliar or trying out a new technology, don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. You may be surprised at what you can learn from new experiences.
By taking advantage of these tips, you can ensure that you get the most out of attending a DevOps or DevRel conference in 2023.
Hope you found this overview of DevRel and DevOps conferences useful. Follow us on Twitter and TikTok to share your thoughts about DevRel and DevOps conferences, and if you are interested in pursuing a career in Developer Relations, don't forget to sign up for job alerts to get the latest opportunities to your inbox!